Monday, August 6, 2007

Exploring New Park

I took the kids to Nolde Forest Park on Sunday since we hadn't been there yet and we felt like exploring. The kids love to explore new areas just as much as I do. We enjoyed this park very much. We went hiking in the forest. It was very beautiful. We walked across bridges and along the creek. We were told there were toads, crawfish, and salamanders but we didn't see them.

Sarah wanted to keep hiking, but I was afraid she would get tired and I would have to carry her all the way back and I couldn't do that with my shoulder/neck hurting. She loves to hike too. Next time we will bring some water and hike longer. It is not hot back there because it is very shaded with all the trees.

Also, a couple lost their dog on the hike and we went looking for her for awhile. Connor was upset that we couldn't find her. I told him that someone would find the dog. He wanted to put up posters and everything. We tried, but no success.

It was a nice thing to do with the kids on a Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed ourselves.

1 comment:

Ami said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. :)